Subject: Return Addresses and Replies
From: djmccoy (Daniel J. McCoy)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 1994 21:50:40 -0700 (PDT)

While the controversy still looms overhead as to what exactly should be the
return address of messages (mailing list or originator's address), I should
point out that most mailers have the ability to display a message's full
header.  The originator's e-mail address should be found after "From: ". 
With that information, you can respond to the originator when you need to.

Also, some e-mail that originates on Netcom from people on the list tied
into Netcom may not have "@netcom.com" appended to the e-mail address.  If
you see a message from someone with no domain, it's more than likely a
message that originated on Netcom.  I THINK this can be taken care of (at
least this is what Netcom support people tell me) by those of us on Netcom
sending to "[email-masked]" instead of just "lightwave-l".  
 
Thanks and keep on rendering.
Dan
-- 
Daniel J. McCoy                                                       //
Internet : [email-masked] or [email-masked]      \X/
Portal   : Daniel J McCoy        BIX: dmccoy                       Amiga